In a world of containers, developers need to have multiple linux repos mirrored on prem for use when building or modifying images.
Similar to how cert-manager works with providers to extend functionality, repo-manager can be extended to mirror additional linux distros.
repo-manager provides an operator-type controller which watches for the CRD type ‘mirror.aarr.xyz’ & manages for each repo mirror:
- the deployment of a pod for mirroring
- a pvc for each pod
- the increasing of the pvc size as needed
- ingress configuration to reach each repo using a subpath http(s)://mirror.<fqdn>/<path>
- a status using kubectl via displaying relevant CRDs
- mapping of a ca-bundle
- repo-specific settings
- an overall web interface
- settings which apply to all repo mirrors